Friday, January 24, 2014

Seeking Alpha: Fracking Will Recover, But Can Twin Disc Achieve Better Margins?

I really want to like Twin Disc (TWIN). Not only does this small and almost unfollowed company make the sort of heavy industrial gear that I like, it's a good play on multiple markets that I believe are due to recover. Twin Disc also offers a level of information available to investors that companies 10 times or 100 times larger often fail to offer.

The short-term question is timing - I am confident that fracking, off-highway vehicles, and marine markets will recover, but I'm not so confident about when. The longer-term question is one of margins and operating cash flow generation - if Twin Disc can't generate double-digit operating cash flow margins as a percentage of sales, it is hard to see how Twin Disc's probable streams of cash flow are undervalued today.

Read more here:
Fracking Will Recover, But Can Twin Disc Achieve Better Margins?

No comments: