Saturday, May 26, 2018

Gruma's Margins Are Improving, But Forex Is Taking A Toll

Mexico-based tortilla giant Gruma (OTC:GPAGF) (GRUMAB.MX) hasn’t made the progress I’d hoped for back in January. Although the company is showing some of the margin leverage I was hoping for, forex-related pressure on revenue and inconsistent results in Europe have weighed on results. With that, the illiquid ADRs are down about 15%, with a similar decline in the Mexico-listed shares. Although I do still see upside in these shares, and I believe it’s a well-run food company with leverage to improve margins in the U.S. and Mexico, as well as growth opportunities in markets like Europe, the ADRs are quite illiquid and I can certainly understand investors who decide it’s not worth the hassle.

Click here to continue:
Gruma's Margins Are Improving, But Forex Is Taking A Toll

No comments: