Monday, July 27, 2020

Philips Delivering Execution-Driven Upside

When I wrote about Philips (PHG) after first quarter earnings, I wrote that I saw upside to $50 or above if management could execute on the significant opportunity in front of the company in critical medical equipment like ventilators and patient monitoring. So far so good, and management isn't losing ground in its other businesses, even though the Diagnostics & Treatment and Personal Health businesses are under pressure from the pandemic.

With Philips shares up more than 20% since that last piece, the upside isn't so pronounced, but I do see Philips still positioned to benefit from a normalization of elective procedures, and a longer run of growth in Connected Care than some investors may expect. I could see the shares going toward the high $50's if the company catches a few breaks, but I think the mid-$50's is a more reasonable target for the time being given the longer-term structural challenges of the business.


Click here to continue:

No comments: