Monday, September 28, 2020

Atlas Copco Shows Once Again That It's Serious About Automation

Increasing automation is the future of manufacturing (arguably already the present of manufacturing), and Atlas Copco (OTCPK:ATLKY) is making it increasingly clear that they do not intend to be left behind. While the company hasn’t really made that eye-popping acquisition yet, between Isra Vision (OTC:IRAVF) and now Perceptron (NASDAQ:PRCP), Atlas is putting on its water wings and wading out into much bigger seas of opportunity in metrology, machine vision, and automated manufacturing.

I like the Perceptron deal, and I believe the price paid offers relatively few risks for the company. I do also believe, though, that Atlas has bigger long-term ambitions, and we’re seeing only the first moves in a long-term strategy. Given recent updates and management commentaries, I’m not substantially more bullish on the outlook for high-quality industrials like Atlas Copco. Accordingly, while I love the business, I don’t love the valuation.

 

Click here to continue: 

Atlas Copco Shows Once Again That It's Serious About Automation

No comments: