Thursday, September 17, 2020

Braskem Undervalued On Economic Recovery Prospects, But Debt And Operation Challenges Create Higher Risk

It’s been a while since I’ve updated my thoughts on Braskem (BAK), but it hasn’t been an easy run for the company, with the shares down more than 50% on a host of issues. When I last wrote about the company, I cited some risks from compensation claims from Alagoas, weaker spreads, issues with ethane supply, and overall economic-driven demand, and since that time pretty much every one of those issues has come home to roost.

Management deserves credit for how they’ve managed these challenges, though, and I think the market may be giving too little credit for the value of the company’s diversified feedstock supplies and attractive geographic positioning. The company’s very high leverage is an issue (and it creates some valuation complications), but I do believe these shares are undervalued enough to be worth consideration.

 

Read the full article here: 

Braskem Undervalued On Economic Recovery Prospects, But Debt And Operation Challenges Create Higher Risk

No comments: