Saturday, July 27, 2019

Fifth Third Showing Steady Execution And A Little Aggression On Middle-Market Lending

I’ve never been a big fan of Fifth Third (FITB), but I have to give credit where it’s due – management has been executing pretty well of late relative to its stated plans and goals. As far as the shares go, it has only recently started diverging (positively) from the peer group, so I still don’t feel as though I’ve missed out on all that much by being relative “meh, it’s okay… I guess” toward the shares.

At this point, with MB Financial in the fold and pretty bold middle-market growth plans, I’m leaning a little more positive on the shares. Although Fifth Third does look a little undervalued here, I do have some concerns that Fifth Third could see more spread compression than is currently in the sell-side expectations. On balance, below $30, I think it’s an okay name to consider, though still not my favorite bank.

Read more here:
Fifth Third Showing Steady Execution And A Little Aggression On Middle-Market Lending

No comments: