Thursday, July 18, 2019

With Mexico Looking Wobbly, PINFRA Looks Even More Attractive

Mexico’s economy doesn’t look all that strong now, with uncertainties regarding the trading relationship with the U.S. leading companies to defer/delay new investments and less activity from the government than expected in terms of supporting investments into improved public works. Against that backdrop, I believe Mexican companies with solid, less cyclical base business and strong overall financial positions will do better, and PINFRA (OTCPK:PUODY) (PINFRA.MX) definitely qualifies in my view.

Despite a weaker than expected first quarter and an initially worrisome change to a concession agreement, PINFRA shares are still up about 20% from my last article, as the shares have recovered much of what I thought had been panic-driven selling at the time. Although PINFRA isn’t immune to a weaker Mexican macro environment, I believe the shares are still undervalued enough to be worth consideration. I will note, though, that the ADRs are not particularly liquid.

Click here for more:
With Mexico Looking Wobbly, PINFRA Looks Even More Attractive

No comments: