Thursday, July 25, 2019

Lincoln Electric's Shares Look Stronger Than The Business

Wall Street is an expectations game in the short term, and I think that’s likely the best explanation for Lincoln Electric’s (LECO) roughly 10% move over the past couple of weeks (including a 4% move after reporting second quarter earnings). Management’s relatively calm guidance certainly didn’t hurt, but underlying results weren’t so strong and I’m a little surprised that the Street took a margin shortfall without much consternation.

I do believe that Lincoln is a quality company and certainly a high-quality industrial, and the shares have done well over the long term despite the cyclicality of the business. I don’t think we’re in the clear yet with respect to the industrial sector, but if the shares pull back again below $80, I think this is a name to consider.

Read more here:
Lincoln Electric's Shares Look Stronger Than The Business

No comments: