Sunday, July 2, 2017

Globus Medical Has Wobbled A Bit, But Still On Good Footing

Since I last wrote on Globus Medical (GMED) in March of 2016, “second tier” spine names have enjoyed a good run. K2M (KTWO), which I've liked more than Globus, is up a strong 85% and NuVasive (NUVA) is up more than 60%, but Globus too has rewarded my belief that it was undervalued with a roughly 46% upward move in the shares. What's more, given that Globus didn't exactly cover itself in glory in 2016 with respect to its organic revenue growth performance, I believe at least some of this move is a sector-wide shift toward a more positive view on the spine market and share-takers within that market.

Looking ahead, I don't see Globus as particularly cheap, but that's an increasingly common issue. I think Globus is back on track with respect to performing in line with its guidance, but I do worry that management could be stretching itself a little thin between its core spine business, its foray into robotics, and its new trauma business. I do still see opportunities for Globus to grow and gain share and it's not a bad hold at these levels, but I'd be tempted to wait in the hope of a pullback before building a substantial new position.

Continue here:
Globus Medical Has Wobbled A Bit, But Still On Good Footing

No comments: