Friday, January 9, 2009

End 'o the line

Well, I figured this was coming ... but I won't be able to continue writing for paid external sites (like Investopedia) so long as I'm a sell-side analyst.

As I said, I assumed it would have to be this way ... having a senior analyst writing without direct supervision/review is every compliance officer's worst nightmare.

So, what of this blog? It's all up to you guys, really.

If I hear from you (either email or posts) that you'd like me to continue, I'll try. I'll try to do company-specific analysis (but NOTHING in my coverage industry, nor anything covered by my firm) like I have done for Motley Fool and Investopedia.

If I don't hear from you ... well, I'll probably still use this as a place to scribble random thoughts, but I won't be pretending to do anything on a regular/consistent basis.

So, lemme know!

2 comments:

Parkite said...

Well, i'll miss your commentary! I'll continue to check back regularly!

Unknown said...

Steve,
Good luck in your new gig, but I'll miss you big time! First started following you when you writing for Motley Fool; you are one of the best,and better yet, you actually made me money!
Thanks for all the great analysis,
Bill Bradley