Sunday, February 2, 2020

Roche Still Going Strong, As Pipeline Productivity Fuels Pharma Growth

The fourth quarter was not perfect for Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY), but it was no worse than “good enough” and assuming management is applying their typical caution with early guidance, 2020 is shaping up as a good year. Although I have few if any real concerns with the pharma business, the diagnostics business continues to look rather weak and is an area that needs to be addressed.

Roche shares have risen another 10% since my last update, but I’m still bullish on balance. The prospective returns aren’t what I’d call superior, but I think the risk-adjusted return is still attractive. On balance, I think Roche remains a good buy-and-hold for investors who want pharma exposure, and particularly the kind where management execution (on the pharma side, at least) is not an issue.

Continue here:
Roche Still Going Strong, As Pipeline Productivity Fuels Pharma Growth

No comments: