Monday, June 8, 2020

Clinical Data Reaffirm That Lumasiran Will Almost Certainly Be Alnylam's Third Commercial Product

Alnylam (ALNY) is well on its way to having its third commercial product before the end of 2020. A prior release of positive top-line data from the company's pivotal ILLUMINATE-A study of lumasiran already indicated approvable efficacy, but the full data presented on Sunday June 7 added some valuable context to what should be a worthwhile commercial opportunity for the company.

As I indicated in my last article on Alnylam, I still regard this stock as a long-term holding in my portfolio, but I wasn't as excited about the near-term price performance potential in early May. With the shares down about 10% since then, the opportunity is more interesting now, though I have some modest "strategic" concerns that the strong rally in biotech relative to the S&P could leave the sector more vulnerable to near-term profit-taking as investors regain confidence in a stronger/quicker post-Covid-19 economic recovery.

Click here to continue:
Clinical Data Reaffirm That Lumasiran Will Almost Certainly Be Alnylam's Third Commercial Product

No comments: