Sunday, January 31, 2021

Texas Capital Bancshares Showing Progress On Credit

Now the real work begins.

Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI) shares have done well over the past three months as investors have shifted toward a "risk on" position with the banking sector, and I also believe the hiring of former JPMorgan (JPM) executive Rob Holmes as the new CEO has brought a renewed optimism around the potential for the company to chart a new, more profitable course over the next decade.

When I last reviewed Texas Capital , I thought the stock offered upside on the potential of what the bank could/can become until better leadership, but that upside was tempered by above-average near-term volatility and operating risks. That's still basically my position, and while I do still see worthwhile long-term upside on its transformation potential, I'd like a better entry price to take on the risk that the path to that potential could be longer or rockier than the bulls think.

 

Follow this link to the full article: 

Texas Capital Bancshares Showing Progress On Credit

No comments: