Friday, September 10, 2021

Insteel Seeing Strong Drivers, But The Market Seems Concerned That Leading Indicators May Have Peaked

 

It’s been an interesting six months for Insteel (IIIN) since my last update on this under-followed manufacturer of steel reinforcing products. While pricing and volume have been strong, as has manufacturing leverage, and Insteel saw a favorable ruling in anti-dumping cases against imported reinforcing products, the shares have corrected on what I believe are growing concerns of an approaching peak.

In my last article, I said that I saw upside into the $40s on the passage of an infrastructure bill, and that happened in March, May, and early August, but the shares have pulled back almost 20% since then. I think there’s a “this is as good as it gets” concern in play with Insteel, and I understand that to a point, though I do think the infrastructure bill will be a positive for underlying demand. I could see another move into the $40s and upside to FY’22 expectations, but I would be careful about pushing my luck with what can be a painfully cyclical stock when the cycle rolls over.


Read the full article at Seeking Alpha: 

Insteel Seeing Strong Drivers, But The Market Seems Concerned That Leading Indicators May Have Peaked

No comments: