Tuesday, March 16, 2021

GenMark Parlays Pandemic-Driven Momentum Into A Good Buyout Price

Having followed GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) through a lot of ups and downs over the years and having usually had a pretty bullish view of the technology, I can’t say that I’m sad to see a happy ending to the story. Roche's (OTCQX:RHHBY) offer for GenMark looks to me like a “win-win”, giving Roche some strong technology and operational leverage upside, while also giving GenMark shareholders a fair return on the assets.

A proxy statement is not available yet as of this writing, so I do not know if there is a meaningful break-up fee, nor whether GenMark fielded inquiries from other buyers. I would not completely dismiss the possibility of a competing bid, but given the premium Roche is paying, it looks to me as though the bidding process was already quite competitive.


Read the full article at Seeking Alpha: 

GenMark Parlays Pandemic-Driven Momentum Into A Good Buyout Price

No comments: