Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quick Follow-Up On CRO Piece

As one of my readers noted in the comments to my original CRO piece (CRO's A-OK), I neglected to mention Quintiles.

Quintiles is headquartered about two miles down the road from my home, in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. A private company, Quintiles is the largest CRO in the game, with revenue reportedly in excess of $3B/yr. On top of that, the company boasts that of the 30 top-selling drugs on the market, it had a role in the development/commercialization of *all* of them.

So although I did not really have the space to talk about Quintiles in my earlier piece, I certainly need to give this company its due. Quintiles is clearly a major player in the CRO space, though one that is a bit harder to follow and analyze given that it is private and does not release an abundance of information about itself.

No comments: