Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Seeking Alpha: Cyclacel An Intriguing Long Shot

By and large, I don't waste my time on sub-$1 biotechs. Sure, every once in a while you can find a gem by dumpster-diving, but more often than not sub-$1 stocks are just a fast ticket to capital losses. All of that said, I have to admit I'm interested in Cyclacel (CYCC). While there's a lot to dislike about the company's capital/governance structure and plenty that could still go wrong, I'm intrigued by the tiny valuation of this stock.

A New Approach To A Very Tricky Disease
Whatever value Cyclacel has, it's tied to sapacitabine - the company's novel oral nucleoside analog that it has licensed from Daiichi-Sankyo. Sapacitabine is vaguely similar to Lilly's (LLY) Gemzar, and basically works by interfering with the DNA synthesis within a cancer cell.

Read the full article here:
Cyclacel: An Intriguing Long Shot

No comments: