Monday, November 4, 2013

Seeking Alpha: Salix Still Offers Both Potential Reward And Risk

When I last wrote on Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP) in the fall of 2012, I thought the shares of this specialty pharmaceutical company held solid potential for those investors who could accept the risks that went with the story. Since then, the shares are up about 60% - a pretty solid return even when considering the bull market in healthcare names.

I don't believe that these shares have hit their ceiling yet. Management has shown its ability to identify, develop, and/or acquire promising products in the gastrointestinal field. Investors can also look forward to upcoming data on Xifaxan in the treatment of IBS-D and an FDA panel meeting tied to the company's appeal of a complete response letter for a subcutaneous form of Relistor to treat opiod-induced constipation. I consider both of these events to be high-risk/high-reward situations, but I believe there's still a case to be made for Salix delivering long-term cash flow growth of 20%-plus, and I believe these shares remain undervalued on that basis.

Continue here:
Salix Still Offers Both Potential Reward And Risk

No comments: