Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Seeking Alpha: Peabody Energy Not In Serious Danger, But Still Needs Higher Prices

As I work my way through the coal companies that interest me, Peabody Energy (NYSE:BTU) is in a tricky spot. Relative to Alpha Natural Resources (NYSE:ANR) and Arch Coal (NYSE:ACI), I don't think there's really a long-term liquidity problem here, but then the company also needs to see a real recovery in metallurgical coal and I'm not sold on the company's position here.

Peabody's share price still seems to include a quality premium and I don't have a problem with that. The balance sheet isn't pristine, and the company slashed the dividend to preserve liquidity, but the company's well-placed in the U.S. Powder River Basin (or PRB) market and leveraged to growing coal imports in China and India.

Follow this link for the full article:
Peabody Energy Not In Serious Danger, But Still Needs Higher Prices

No comments: