Friday, July 10, 2015

Everything's Okay(ish)

Circumstances being what they are, I know that not writing an article for a few days could have ominous implications, so I wanted to just give a quick update.

First, things with my wife are okay. She had another round of bloodwork this week and everything's holding steady. Another PET-CT (or just CT) will come next month and then she'll probably go to a new chemo regimen. She hasn't gotten the maximum benefit from this chemo, but that's kind of the point. There is another type of drug left to try and while it has a small chance of achieving long-term remission, that small chance is still a chance. If this third regimen doesn't work, she can still might be healthy enough to go back to this second regimen, get some more benefit and maybe find a clinical trial for the fourth round.

In conjunction with all this, I've been a little under the weather, which is the primary reason I haven't been writing. I expect things to get back to normal next week.

No comments: