Tuesday, September 19, 2017

A Window Has Opened For NuVasive

Writing on NuVasive (NUVA) three months ago I said, “Given the history here of the market swinging too far during both the bad times and the good times, I'd be careful buying near the highs, but I'd certainly reconsider if the sector sells off on another bout of health insurance reform uncertainty and/or a company-specific shortfall in earnings/guidance.”

One of those big swings has occurred, with the shares down a quarter since then. The decline hasn't come without some reasons, including a slower U.S. spine market, executive departures, and a subpoena from the OIG, but these don't strike me as long-term issues. Instead, they remind me of a lot of the other short-term setbacks that have created interruptions in NuVasive's long-term run. To that end, I believe strong revenue growth and margin leverage are still in play here, and I believe the shares are actually undervalued.

Click here for more:
A Window Has Opened For NuVasive

No comments: