Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Cummins Priced For A Recovery But Only Starting Its Downturn

The next year is looking like a perfect storm for Cummins (CMI), with almost every major market the company serves poised to get worse (heavy duty trucks in Brazil is the one real exception). And yet, with the shares up about 10% since my last update and only the first down quarter in the cycle in the books, investors seem to already be looking well ahead to the recovery that will inevitably come.

Make no mistake, Cummins is one of the best-run heavy machinery companies out there, and I like the company’s share growth and market/product expansion opportunities. Still, I’ve seen too many cycles to shrug and assume “this cycle will be different”. Give me a 10% to 15% pullback, though, and I get a lot more positive on the long-term benefits of owning these shares.

Read more here:
Cummins Priced For A Recovery But Only Starting Its Downturn

No comments: