Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Acerniox Looking For Customers To Restock, But Also Pursuing Self-Help

These have been some interesting times for Acerinox (OTCPK:ANIOY) (ACX.MC), as this leading producer of stainless steel has had to navigate a weakening demand environment and volatile input prices. All things considered, I believe Acerinox management is doing pretty well, and I think the acquisition of VDM Metals will prove to be a savvy move down the line.

While I still liked Acerinox back in May, I thought there were other, better options to consider. Since then, Acerinox has done pretty well (local shares up 15%, the ADRs up closer to 20%), but Gerdau (GGB) and Aperam (OTC:APEMY) have done better, while Ternium (TX) has done worse (neither Gerdau nor Ternium compete in stainless). I still believe that Acerinox is undervalued, and while there is risk to the 2020 demand outlook, I like this company for its above-average productivity and efficiency, as well as its wider set of options to improve performance even further.

Continue here:
Acerniox Looking For Customers To Restock, But Also Pursuing Self-Help

No comments: