Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Leveraged To Both A Recovery And Self-Improvement, Citizens Financial Continues To Outperform

 

My bullish call on Citizens Financial (NYSE:CFG) hasn’t been among my more popular calls, but it continues to work, as the shares are up better than 15% since my last update, continuing to outperform regional bank peers as Citizens offers more upside than most to both normalization of the economy and ongoing self-improvement efforts (efforts that seem to go at least partially underappreciated by some investors).

I don’t like Citizens as much as I used to, but that’s due only to the share price outperformance. I still think investors could get a nearly 10% long-term annualized return here, and that’s still pretty appealing, particularly as I do see avenues for beat-and-raise performance relative to my numbers. While weaker-than-expected loan growth and worse-than-expected deposit retention are both risks over the next year or two, this is a name worth considering.

 

To read the full article, follow the link below: 

Leveraged To Both A Recovery And Self-Improvement, Citizens Financial Continues To Outperform

No comments: