Friday, February 4, 2022

Preferred Bank Offers An Attractive Mix Of Loan Growth, Efficiency, And Rate Leverage

 

It’s been a while since I’ve updated my thoughts on Preferred Bank (PFBC), but in the roughly three years since my last update on this small, well-run California-based bank, the shares have comfortably outperformed the peer group (by around 30%), as the bank’s high credit quality/underwriting ability and low expenses have seen it through the challenges and disruptions created by the pandemic.

I still expect the bank to generate long-term core earnings growth in the high single-digits, and I expect dividend growth in the double digits. I do also have some concerns regarding competition and a time-lag for realizing benefits from higher rates, but with upside toward $90, this is still a name to consider.

 

To read more, follow the link below: 

Preferred Bank Offers An Attractive Mix Of Loan Growth, Efficiency, And Rate Leverage

No comments: