Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Badger Meter In The Right Water Markets, But The Valuation Is Steep

For some time now, my refrain on water-leveraged industrials has been iterations of “yes, this is a good sector to be in long term, but the valuation more than reflects that”, and the sector has definitely pulled back and derated recently. Badger Meter (NYSE:BMI) has been caught up in that, with the shares underperforming since my last update; underperforming the broader industrial space by about 15%, as well as other water plays like Mueller (MWA) and Franklin (FELE), though outperforming Xylem (XYL).

As I’ve said in other articles, I don’t believe that all water exposure is equal, and I think Badger is in some of the best places to be, including water quality and loss mitigation. Even so, I can’t make the valuation work at this level and it’s hard to recommend this name over some other companies in the water space with more reasonable valuations.

 

Read more here: 

Badger Meter In The Right Water Markets, But The Valuation Is Steep

No comments: