Friday, October 19, 2012

Investopedia: BB&T Takes A Disappointing Step Backwards

I've tried to make the case before that BB&T (NYSE:BBT) was an underappreciated regional bank that really wasn't getting its due from the sell-side community. Now that management missed numbers with higher expenses and revised guidance lower for the next quarter, it's harder to make that argument. Although I fully expect BB&T to spend at least a quarter or two in the penalty box now, I believe the company's loan growth, credit quality, and expansion potential all will pay off in time. As such, while third quarter results frustrate me as a shareholder, I'm not looking to sell at these prices.

Please read more here:
http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2012/BBT-Takes-A-Disappointing-Step-Backwards-BBT-PNC-USB-WFC1019.aspx

No comments: