Saturday, June 28, 2014

Seeking Alpha: Owens & Minor And Medical Action Industries Find A Win-Win

Mutually beneficial deals may not be all that common in the med-tech world, but I think Owens & Minor's (OMI) acquisition of Medical Action Industries (MDCI) fits the bill. I was bullish on Medical Action Industries back in December and even though Owens & Minor is paying well above my fair value estimate, Owens & Minor has what I think is unique cost leverage in this deal to justify the price. The added value from this deal does push up my fair value estimate for Owens & Minor above today's price, but I'm still not exceptionally bullish given the harsh realities of the medical distribution industry.

Continue reading here:
Owens & Minor And Medical Action Industries Find A Win-Win

No comments: