Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Seeking Alpha: Can Mosaic Get The Sustainable Price Leverage It Needs?

Lower crop prices have a way of turning institutional investors and analysts into short-termers when it comes to ag input companies like Mosaic (NYSE:MOS), even though the long-term need to feed more people (and use more crop nutrients to do so) remains in place. Mosaic is one of the global leaders in both phosphates and potash, but its place on the cost curve makes it more sensitive to price than global rivals like Potash (NYSE:POT) or OCP and the markets are jittery about oncoming supply expansion (particularly in potash). Although I think Mosaic is basically an okay stock for the long haul, I'd rather get my exposure to ag through less price-sensitive companies Monsanto (NYSE:MON) (which I own) or cheaper nutrient plays like Yara (OTCPK:YARIY) (which I recently profiled here).

Follow this link to the full article:
Can Mosaic Get The Sustainable Price Leverage It Needs?

No comments: