Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Seeking Alpha: Bank Of The Ozarks Offers Rare Growth, But It'll Cost You

Watching Bank of the Ozarks (NASDAQ:OZRK) continue to climb higher is a little like standing outside of a restaurant and watching people eat your favorite food. I have tremendous respect for this bank's management and its business plan, but I've never been able to construct a model that makes me comfortable with the valuation. That's particularly true given that the bank hasn't exceeded my financial performance expectations by all that much, suggesting to me that Wall Street is simply willing to pay more for the company's growth than I am.

Not much has really changed in any of those respects. I like the company's 2015 acquisitions and I believe OZRK can generate more than 25% earnings growth per year (CAGR) for the next five years. But even with the 20% pullback in the shares from its 52-week high, I just can't make the numbers work from a value perspective. Painful experience has taught me not to stick my neck out in situations where I can't make sense of the valuation, but more aggressive and/or valuation-insensitive investors could see more on offer here.

Read more here:
Bank Of The Ozarks Offers Rare Growth, But It'll Cost You

No comments: