Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Seeking Alpha: Ingersoll-Rand Better Valued, But Not Better

It has been a while since I've liked Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR), as I believe the shares have been buoyed by quite a bit of faith around the Street in the company's restructuring efforts. This skepticism has kept me on the sidelines, and with the shares down around 20% from the time of my last article, I can't say as though I've missed out on much.

The startling weakness in global equity markets since the start of the year and in industrial stocks, really, since the middle of 2015 has created some bargains provided that 2016 isn't the start of another deep or prolonged recession. I still have a lot of quality-based issues with Ingersoll-Rand - the company is a strong player in HVAC, but I don't believe the company is doing much to shrink the gap with Atlas Copco (OTCPK:ATLKY) in industrial and there's still a lot of work to be done on margins. At this price, though, I don't think so much benefit of the doubt is baked into the price and patient investors could see some upside from here.

Read more here:
Ingersoll-Rand Better Valued, But Not Better

No comments: