Sunday, October 16, 2016

Execution And Opportunity Continue To Drive Broadcom

Broadcom's (NASDAQ:AVGO) recent stock market performance hasn't been all that special. Since my last update on this leading chip company, the shares have done a little better than the NASDAQ, but have lagged the SOX pretty meaningfully, not to mention lagging other notables like Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM), Texas Instruments (NYSE:TXN), and Intel (NASDAQ:INTC).

I'm not worried. Sure, as a Broadcom shareholder I'd love to see the stock performing better, but the company's financial reports have been positive and I believe there are strong tailwinds for both the wireless and wired businesses. Uncertainty around M&A is a risk factor, as are general market/economic conditions and competition, but I believe Broadcom has the quality to be a long-term holding and the valuation today isn't bad.

Read more here:
Execution And Opportunity Continue To Drive Broadcom

No comments: