Sunday, May 17, 2020

Microchip Trading More Reasonably, And With Future Margin Leverage

Quality has never been my issue with Microchip (MCHP). I like this leading player in microcontrollers (or MCUs), but valuation has often been more difficult for me. Since my last update, though, the shares have underperformed the chip sector by about 10% and the valuation is a little more appealing. Microchip certainly has elevated debt, but I expect the company to continue generating robust cash flow and I like the company’s market exposures on balance.

Microchip isn’t a clear-cut bargain, but then I wouldn’t expect that with a company that has leading share in some tough-to-crack markets (like MCUs). I’m more interested in the valuations of chip companies more leveraged to power (namely STMicro (STM) and Infineon (OTCQX:IFNNY)), but as a quality MCU and analog play, Microchip is at least worth monitoring.

Follow this link to the full article:
Microchip Trading More Reasonably, And With Future Margin Leverage

No comments: