Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Such An Idiot

Sometimes I feel like I have to look in the mirror, take a deep breath, and confess to myself that I'm an idiot.

For all the time I've spent talking about BP (NYSE: BP) and Transocean (NYSE: RIG) and all that, I don't know how I could have missed one of the slam-dunk plays on this mess.

Clean Harbors (NYSE: CLH).

One of their main business units is spill clean-up. Hell, it's basically in their name!. Now, I don't know how much (if any) business they're getting from the mess in the Gulf ... and I'm too ticked at myself to go look it up right away. What I do know is that the stock has done quite well ever since it was clear that this would be a serious spill.

What is interesting, as a side note, is that Veolia (NYSE: VE), a French services company which also does industrial/environmental clean-up has gone the opposite direction since the spill. Go figure.

Anyways ... maybe there's still money to be made in Clean Harbors. But I know this missed opportunity is going to bug me for a few days...

No comments: