Friday, September 7, 2012

Investopedia: The Market Seems To Have Shifted From Blind Love To Blind Fear With VeriFone

The stock market is a funny place sometimes; one where you may just find yourself defending a stock you used to criticize pointedly. And yet, that's where I feel I am with VeriFone (NYSE:PAY). I didn't like this stock much back in the "what, me worry?" go-go momentum days and I'm glad I didn't actually short it, as the stock just kept climbing from 2009 to 2011. Now it's a different story. Investors have raised questions about how the company reports organic growth and everybody seems to be getting on board the mobile payments bandwagon. Although VeriFone still carries pretty robust fundamental valuation ratios every value investor looks at, this is a company that looks well-placed for ongoing growth. The question for investors now, though, is whether the company can please a momentum crowd that no longer seems willing to give the company much benefit of the doubt.

Please click here for more:
http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2012/The-Market-Seems-To-Have-Shifted-From-Blind-Love-To-Blind-Fear-With-VeriFone-PAY-MCRS-SBUX-EBAY0907.aspx

No comments: