Thursday, November 21, 2019

First Horizon Now Well-Placed For The Longer Term

I’ve written before that First Horizon (FHN) has some under-appreciated counter-cyclical drivers that should help it navigate a likely-to-be tough 2020 better than its peers, but First Horizon management has since taken a major step toward shoring up its long-term future. Not only does the merger of equals with IBERIABANK (IBKC) (“Iberia”) look attractive on its own merits, but it should give First Horizon much-needed scale and an even more attractive long-term operating footprint.

I liked First Horizon before and the Iberia deal makes the outlook even better in my view. While mergers of equals are riskier from an integration perspective, I think First Horizon is going about this the right way and the long-term potential makes the risks worth taking. I’m not really big on “top picks”, but I definitely think First Horizon is a name to consider below the high teens.

Click here for more:
First Horizon Now Well-Placed For The Longer Term

No comments: