Thursday, November 21, 2019

Strong Performance And Transformation Driving Ingersoll-Rand

My early May call on Ingersoll-Rand (IR) is about as close as I typically get to a “valuation doesn’t matter” call with industrials, as I thought the company’s strong execution and healthy underlying market exposures set the stage for good ongoing relative performance. Since then I wouldn’t say that Ingersoll-Rand’s performance has shot the lights out, though the stock has continued to outperform the wider industrial sector.

I continue to believe the merger of IR’s Industrial business with Gardner Denver (GDI) makes sense (and a more competitive player against Atlas Copco (OTCPK:ATLKY) ), and I likewise continue to believe that Ingersoll-Rand is reshaping itself into a strong player in a market with a strong long-term outlook. Valuation remains a hang up; while I do believe that IR’s stronger reported growth and healthy margins can support the stock during this industrial downturn, the long-term prospective returns aren’t as appealing to me.

Click here for more:
Strong Performance And Transformation Driving Ingersoll-Rand

No comments: