Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Alfa Laval Buoyed Again By Strong Marine Results

As has been the case for most multi-industrials, particularly in the capital goods sector, Alfa Laval (OTCPK:ALFVY) (ALFA.ST) has shaken off some of the malaise that had pushed the shares down until relatively recently – while Alfa has outperformed its industrial peers since my last update, the 6-month and 12-month comparisons have Alfa lagging the market as sell-siders and investors have grown worried about what will happen as scrubber orders start to fade.

Although I’m not wild about the valuation (nor the valuation on industrials more broadly), this is still a company that I like quite a bit. I think there’s more opportunity in marine than just scrubbers, and I think longer-term opportunities in food, beverages, life sciences, and HVAC are not always given their due. Give me a 10% to 15% pullback and these shares get much more interesting as a potential longer-term holding.

Continue here:
Alfa Laval Buoyed Again By Strong Marine Results

No comments: