Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Commerce Bancshares Investors Pay For Better Than This

Given that I thought Commerce Bancshares (CBSH) shares were fairly expensive back in January, I’m not all that surprised that the shares underperformed the major regional bank indices since then, particularly as sentiment seemed to be shifting across the market a bit more towards “risk on”. Still, I was surprised to see the first-quarter miss. Seeing as how I believe that Commerce Bancshares’ premium is often justified by analysts and investors on the basis of superior quality and operating stability, I do worry that if this quarter is more than just an aberration, it could mean more significant underperformance for shareholders.

Click here for more:
Commerce Bancshares Investors Pay For Better Than This

No comments: