Sunday, April 7, 2019

Despite Significant Turbulence, AerCap Still Looks Undervalued As Air Traffic Continues To Grow

Down about 25% since my last write-up, AerCap (AER) has been a lousy stock over the last six months and investors can’t even console themselves with “at least I’m getting dividends”, as AerCap management puts surplus capital to work through share buybacks instead of dividends. I think there are multiple issues affecting the stock, including worries over some recent airline bankruptcies, concerns about the health of the Chinese market, rising rates, increased competition in leasing, and near-term pressures on reported earnings metrics.

None of these issues impact my core long-term thesis on AerCap, though, and I continue to believe that these shares can and will reward long-term patience from shareholders.

Continue here:
Despite Significant Turbulence, AerCap Still Looks Undervalued As Air Traffic Continues To Grow

No comments: