Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Roper's Growth Engine Keeps Humming

As a multi-industrial increasingly driven by its high-margin, asset-light software businesses, Roper (ROP) continues to diverge from the broader multi-industrial category in generally positive ways. Management has built a solid value-compounding engine here, and Wall Street is quite well aware of that, with the shares up another 30%-plus over the trailing twelve months. I do expect Roper to continue to deliver better-than-average organic growth with improving margins, and I believe Roper has a repeatable formula here for successful M&A, it’s increasingly difficult for me to see value in the shares. Yes, there are investors in companies like Roper and Danaher (DHR) that will argue for buying irrespective of valuation, but that’s not my approach and I think shareholders should at least be aware of the risks if Roper’s engine ever has a hiccup along the way.

Read more here:
Roper's Growth Engine Keeps Humming

No comments: