Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Standing Up For MSC Industrial Getting Harder And Harder

I’ve been waiting for MSC Industrial (MSM) to show some meaningful signs of internal momentum for some time… and the wait just keeps going on. While management continues to tell a story of becoming a more integrated, mission-critical partner for customers and points to future benefits from pricing actions and sales force restructuring, the fact remains that this company has established a worrisome trend of underperformance and excuse-making.

I do still own MSC and I do still believe the shares are undervalued, but I now regard this position as a future source of funds if/when a better idea presents itself, and I’m not especially comfortable holding the shares in an underperforming manufacturing distributor going into what I believe is a slowdown.

Click here for more:
Standing Up For MSC Industrial Getting Harder And Harder

No comments: