Tuesday, April 30, 2019

STMicroelectronics Still Counting On A Big Finish To 2019

When I last wrote about STMicroelectronics (STM), I cautioned against trying to get too cute about timing a bottom for this leading chip company, particularly when the shares looked undervalued even on the assumption of a tougher 2019. The shares have since risen another 15% or so, lagging a broader chip market rally that has surprised me in its intensity.

I continue to like STM, though perhaps not quite as much as before given the rising valuation, and I like the company’s broad leadership across microcontrollers, PMICs, sensors, MEMS, silicon carbide, and so on, as well as the diverse market exposure to attractive markets like autos, industrial, IoT, and imaging. Although I am still concerned that the big second half rebound that so many chip companies are counting on may disappoint, I still think STM is a stock worth buying and owning today.

Read more here:
STMicroelectronics Still Counting On A Big Finish To 2019

No comments: