Thursday, September 30, 2010

Performance For Third Quarter of 2010

Up until the last week or so, this would have been a pretty good quarter. Unfortunately, Alnylam (Nasdaq: ALNY) and Monsanto (NYSE: MON) spanked me hard recently, and banks like BB&T (NYSE: BBT), SocGen (Nasdaq: SCGLY) and JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) have done me no great favors this quarter.

Old standbys FEMSA (NYSE: FMX), MSC Industrial (NYSE: MSM), and Portfolio Recovery (Nasdaq: PRAA) did well, and newcomers like Quest (Nasdaq: QSFT) and Tower Group (Nasdaq: TWGP) contributed as well.

My portfolio "A" : +12.2%
My portfolio "B" : +13.9%
My combined portfolios: +12.8%

S&P 500: +10.7%
Nasdaq: +12.3%
Russell 3000: +11.0%

Ugh ... here's hoping Monsanto and the banks start earning their keep!

Disclosure - I own shares of all the stocks mentioned in this post.

No comments: