Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Seeking Alpha: Amidst Ongoing Doubts, Exact Sciences Still Offers Opportunity

For a modestly-sized diagnostics stock, Exact Sciences (NASDAQ:EXAS) seems to generate an above-average level of animated response (I'd say "discussion", but a quick look at the comments section of EXAS articles shows less discussion and more squabbling). I have often found that controversy can mean opportunity, as it often reflects wildly divergent viewpoints, and I continue to believe that is the case with Exact Sciences.

My thesis in brief - the Cologuard works, is a meaningful step forward in the detection, prevention, and treatment of colorectal cancer, and will be reimbursed at a rate that allows Exact Sciences to earn solid profits, though likely not as quickly as some on the Street expect. I believe these shares can trade into the high teens with an FDA approval and favorable coverage decision, and I expect the second half of this year to be a pretty active period for the company and stock.

Follow this link to the full article:
Amidst Ongoing Doubts, Exact Sciences Still Offers Opportunity

No comments: