Tuesday, October 8, 2019

High-End Data Center Opportunities Driving Inphi

Tech investors love growth, and with many semiconductor stocks grinding through a rut, Inphi’s (IPHI) strong double-digit growth is definitely bringing the stock plenty of the right kind of attention. Customers like Amazon (AMZN), Google (GOOGL) (NASDAQ:GOOG), and Microsoft (MSFT) continue to invest heavily into high-end data center capacity, driving strong demand for Inphi’s high-performance optical components, and the Cisco (CSCO)–Acacia (ACIA) deal could shift more DSP business toward Inphi as Acacia customers reconsider their supply chains.

I love Inphi’s business, but the stock is a little harder for me to embrace now. I thought the shares had upside back in May on the back of that above-average growth potential, but the 25% move was more than I expected. I know growth stocks can live in their own world when it comes to valuation (for a little while, at least), and I’m not betting against Inphi, but the Street already seems to be counting on a significant ramp in data center spending in 2020 and beyond.

Read more here:
High-End Data Center Opportunities Driving Inphi

No comments: