Sunday, March 27, 2022

For 3M, Inertia May Be The Bigger Long-Term Threat

3M (NYSE:MMM) has been hit hard by growing concerns over the company’s potentially large financial liabilities tied to PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) contamination and allegedly defective military earplugs. It certainly also hasn’t helped that the company’s revenue and margin leverage performances have been lackluster at best, all contributing to a nearly 25% decline in the stock price since my last update on the company – far worse than the basically flat performance of the broader multi-industrial sector.

I do still see some value in these shares, but for reasons I’ll discuss in greater detail, I don’t have as much confidence in management as I'd like, and it’s harder to argue for owning these shares given the sentiment headwinds from the legal liability issues.


Read the full article here: 

For 3M, Inertia May Be The Bigger Long-Term Threat

No comments: