Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Schneider Electric Skids As Investors Dim Lights On Electrification, Automation

 

I’ve made no secret of my bullishness on automation, digitalization, and electrification as major global secular trends over the next five to 10 years, nor my belief that Schneider Electric (OTCPK:SBGSF) is an excellent play on those trends. Since my last article, though, the shares are down about 20% (20% for the ADRs, closer to 12% for the locals), underperforming a weakening tape for industrials in general and automation/electrification plays in particular.

In that last article, I said that valuation was becoming more of an issue, but that investors could see another 20% rise before a pullback. While the shares didn’t quite make it to 20% (closer to 12%), it does seem as though the Street has moved on from the automation/electrification theme here of late. While that’s understandable, I suppose, as higher expectations have worked into the valuations over the last couple of years, I think this pullback is worth watching, as I don’t think the automation / electrification story is over quite yet.

 

Read the full article here: 

Schneider Electric Skids As Investors Dim Lights On Electrification, Automation

No comments: