Monday, July 22, 2013

Investopedia: Expectations, Not Operations, Weighing On Halliburton

Going into this quarter, I had wondered whether expectations for Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) were running a little hot and whether that might set the company and stock up for a tough post-quarter reaction. I don't know whether it was the lack of major upside to second quarter numbers or management's comments that the pace of oil spill settlements has slowed, but the shares were a little soft in early trading Monday morning. Although Halliburton is not really my favorite company in the energy service space, it's hard for me to ignore the value and I believe this remains a good candidate for investors looking to play the rebound in North America and the future growth in offshore and international unconventional development.

Please read more at Investopedia:
http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/072213/expectations-not-operations-weighing-halliburton-hal-bhi-slb-clb.aspx

No comments: