Friday, July 26, 2013

Seeking Alpha: Facing Up To A Bad Call On Synovus

Admitting mistakes is never fun, but if you're going to write about stocks in public fora it is a part of the job description. Four months ago, I thought Synovus (SNV) shares had gone far enough, as I saw the probable lack of revenue and operating profit growth, coupled with a potentially slower credit recovery and the need to pay back TARP as limiting factors. Since then, the shares are up 19%. Now, in fairness to myself, the stocks I liked better at the time - including BB&T (BBT) and Bank of America (BAC) - haven't exactly been embarrassments (up 14% and 21%, respectively), but Synovus' 19% gain is definitely more than I thought was likely to come.

Please read more here:
Facing Up To A Bad Call On Synovus

No comments: